In 2018, the business formerly known as Dunkin’ Donuts dropped the “Donuts” from its name, implying that it had much more than donuts to offer.
What the company meant was that it had things like breakfast sandwiches, an expanding drink menu and more. But, in the years that followed, Dunkin’ has increasingly expanded into branded products, like house paint, apparel drops for TikTok kids, and wedding-themed merchandise.
Dunkin’s latest in its long line of everything-but-donuts releases is a line of makeup in collaboration with e.l.f.
— foodbeast (@foodbeast) March 30, 2022
The line, which comes out today, includes the following, per a press release:
• The Dunkin’ Dozen, $16. It’s eyes wide open with these 12 shades of perfectly pigmented eyeshadows with creamy, blendable textures—inspired by your fave Dunkin’ donuts: Strawberry Frosted with Sprinkles, Chocolate Frosted with Sprinkles and Boston Kreme.
• Donut Forget Putty Primer, $12. For every makeup run, start with our glazed-up primer. With a smooth texture, sweet donut scent & soft-focus, glowing finish—it’s the makeup-gripping formula of your donut-loving dreams.
• Coffee Lip Scrub, $6. Next-level coffee lover? Meet your match. This gentle, exfoliating sugar scrub will leave lips smoothed and conditioned with a delicious Dunkin’ coffee scent.
• Glazed for Days Lip Gloss Set, $12. Get your glaze-to-go with our sheer, glossy duo of Dunkin’s iconic colors – this set smells as sweet as it looks with a delicious donut scent.
• Strawberry Frosted with Sprinkles Face Sponge, $9. Sweeten your beauty bag with our donut-inspired sponge for flawless blending. Soft, absorbent, and easy-to-use, your morning makeup application begins here.
• The Classic Dunkin’ Stack Vault, $75. Get ‘em all while they’re hot! Serving you the complete 5-piece collection – PLUS a limited-edition e.l.f. x Dunkin’ reusable cup & straw-inspired brush set. Get it on elfcosmetics.com and we will fill up your cup with a $5 Dunkin’ coupon code.
Dunkin’ is also doing a pop-up with e.l.f. in Manhattan, complete with giant donut that customers will walk through on April 5.
You might recognize e.l.f. as the cosmetics company that also partnered with Chipotle for a similar culinary makeup drop. That release, like Dunkin’s, incorporated Chipotle’s branding, including colors synonymous with the restaurant brand’s menu items (like a very avocado-esque green).
Co-branded makeup drops are becoming more common. One cosmetics brand, Hip Dot, has collaborated with brands like Reese’s and Tapatio, and recently released a line based on the My Chemical Romance album “Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.”
Fan Request Accepted ✔️
Available NOW #HIPDOTxMCR Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge Limited Edition Collection $68 + New Limited Edition Pin Set $24
*New pin set sold separately*
Shipping: USA, Australia, Canada, U.K., Germany, Ireland & Netherlands. pic.twitter.com/571ILlO80m
— HipDot (@HipDotCosmetics) March 8, 2022
People are passionate about Dunkin’, especially here in the Northeast. So, once you’ve gotten married in the Dunkin’ drive-thru and painted your house that iconic pink and orange, what’s left to do but face the world every day with your Dunkin’-inspired makeup?
“We’ve long admired the genuine connection e.l.f. has forged with their community and believe it mirrors the connection we have with our Dunkin’ fans,” Peter Callaro, vice president of integrated marketing communications for Dunkin’, said in a press release. “We’re thrilled to team up with e.l.f. to bring Dunkin’ devotees an exciting, new way to power their ‘get-up-and-go’ daily routine.”
Makeup and cosmetics are one of the most powerful ways people can express themselves every day. If they can tie in their favorite brands or bands with their makeup routine, why wouldn’t they? It’s the same concept as using a T-shirt to communicate to the world who you are and what you like.