SLVR’Coffee is based on upcycled coffee silverskin to moisturise and comfort dry skin
SLVR’Coffee™ is based on upcycled coffee silverskin to moisturise and comfort dry skin. It protects the epidermis from internal and external stressors as well as transepidermal water loss, resulting in improved skin barrier function. Therefore, SLVR’Coffee™ enhances the overall comfort level of delicate skin.
Coffee is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world with a strong wellbeing and mood-boosting effect. As a result of the high level of coffee consumption worldwide, 200 – 400 million kg of coffee silverskin are generated annually as the main by-product during the roasting process and most of it is simply discarded.
Mibelle Biochemistry’s waste solution is the upcycled high-value SLVR’Coffee™ ingredient, which contains recovered valuable molecules from coffee to benefit the skin.
Several in vitro and in vivo studies have shown that the activity of SLVR’Coffee™:
- increases the skin’s response to oxidative stress and improves skin barrier functionality
- reduces the inflammatory response
- protects the skin from acute and long-term external irritations
- induced by chemicals
- improves skin hydration, resulting in a less dry and scaly appearance of the skin.
In the same way that the thin coffee silverskin envelops and protects the delicate coffee bean, SLVR’Coffee protects the skin from dehydration and potential skin aggressors by supporting the skin barrier function.
This is a new biomimicry concept from Mibelle Biochemistry – inspired by nature, realised by science.
- A biomimetic concept for skin hydration
- Envelops the skin with a protective shell
- Supports the skin barrier function against aggressors
- Rehydrates dry legs
- Protective and hydrating body care formula
- De-stressing body balm
- Replenishing face cream
- Hand and foot care treatments
- Pampering bath & shower products
Formulating with SLVR’Coffee™
- Recommended use level: 1 – 3 %
- Incorporation: SLVR’Coffee™ is oil-soluble, not miscible with water and can be formulated in emulsions (O / W, W / O) and gels. For cold / hot and hot / hot processes, add during the cooling phase below 40 °C.
- Thermostability: Temperatures of up to 40 °C for ashort time will not affect the stability of SLVR’Coffee™.
INCI (EU / PCPC) Declaration: Coffea Arabica Seed Extract (and) Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (and) Tocopherol
- Without preservatives
- Solid at ambient temperatures